Indiana Country

Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Little Colorado

This was the most enchanting and magical place. The Colorado river through the Grand Canyon is mile upon mile of dark green water. The Little Colorado comes into the Colorado at mile sixty two.


For days we had been floating and experiencing the thrill of white water rafting and absorbing the mesmerizing views of the canyon's mile high walls.  I had no previous knowledge of the Little Colorado. So when our river guide said the Little Colorado was coming up soon, I expected to see a little river entering our big river.

But, no...no, there coming in on the left was blue, and I mean blue water. I was awe struck. Baby blue water was running into,  blending with and disappearing into the green of the Colorado.


There are explanations as to what causes this water to be blue. I didn't want to hear any scientific facts. To me the blue was a miracle. I know that this is what Disney tried to capture and recreate in his park. It was breathtaking, it was a wonderland, enchanting and magical.

No comments: