Indiana Country

Saturday, December 18, 2010

The art of communication...so much to learn...

I have to take an antibiotic everyday to help guard against malaria. I can't swallow pills so I was looking for applesauce to empty the capsule into. We asked the front desk if they could send up a dish of applesauce. They hesitated and said that they didn't have any applesauce redi made They would make a bowl of it and send it up, it would take one hour.  I know things move slowly in India so I didn't think anything of waiting an hour while they whirled some apples in a blender.
About an hour later our applesauce arrived at the door. The bowl was hot...I opened it up to find that they had prepared a large bowl of apple gravy, complete with parsley, cinnamon and cloves. Now all I needed was a ham.                                                              

No comments: