Indiana Country

Saturday, January 16, 2010

January Fog


It’s January 16Th, the day started in the mid thirties with a heavy fog rising from the cold land. I find it hard to focus on just “being” with how the land is now. I can’t help but dream about what is to come.
There is a big rock at the end of the pond… probably the only rock on the property that was not carried in… I want to clear around it and plant some kind of flowers there. It will be the only flowers out there that I know of.
There is very little bird song this morning. There was one single loud cry from a crow as he flew away from my approach.
Scott’s cat followed me out a short distance but so far is unwilling to move away from the edges of the pond. He waited until I circled back around, complained a bit and then ran ahead of me to the house.

No comments: